Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Once upon a time

yesterday I attended Symposium on the Straits of Malacca and Singapore at Nikko Hotel, fully supported by the Nippon Foundation. Ramaila jugak participants from Japan which remind me about my japanese clasess during my study dulu...


actually, we have to complete 111 credit hours for my course and 1 credit hours for foreign languages. instead of choosing mandarin (which most of my friends did) I went for japanese language. we have choices - either you choose mandarin, arab, japanese or spanish..


so, the class began with Doreamon song..imagine that... and we had to sang that song every morning. why? because according to my dearest lecture (i forgot her name already) its a world song..everybody know the song, the tune and the cartoon. so, every sunday, when doreamon on air (ntv7), you can imagine i sang it. anyway...we start with a basic hatagana writing (in here, we start with A, B, C). A few basic words such as ohayo gozaimas (good morning), konichiwa (afternoon), konbawa(evening), moshi2 (hello), eik (no) sumimasen (excuse me), dozo (please), arigato gozaimas (thank you), watashiwa (me) and etc which i forgot already. a waste actually coz you spend one year learning how to write hatagana and how to read and speak..and yet, after graduate, you forgot about it already. sayang kan?



i remember when we had this oral test and were asked to identify objects with japanese. i fail the test and since then, the lecture make sure i wrote in my notes every words she said. ayoo..she even remember my name and gave me japanese dictionary with cartoon in it. I have to complete extra task by drawing pictures and write it in japanese and read a few text in front of my classmate. She even asked me to go to her room and privately tutor me..hehehe..kesian kat dia..at least i pass my exam ok..am not bad at all, it just that i am too busy with myself to pay attention during the classes..emm


now i wish i have an extra time so i can catch up with the basic. hopefully...

No comments: